Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful lady I know

Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
-- Author Unknown



Today is my Nana's 70th Birthday...and its ok that I am saying how old she is, because she doesn't have a facebook and I am sure sure doesn't know what a blog is...so I am safe. I don't think I can express just how much love I have for this lady. Every loving childhood memory that I have, my Nana is a big part of it. 


Growing up, I would spend summers at my Nana and Papa's ranch, I never got to go to Disney World or on big family trips, but I wouldn't trade those summers  spent with my Nana over seeing Mickey Mouse any day.  I learned how to cook, fish, drive, mow the lawn to perfection, wash/dry dishes(Nana chose not to use her dishwasher), sew, how to become an excellent nap taker--Nana and Papa would take a nap every afternoon, therefore I did too--we would fit puzzles, go to the movies, watch our soap operas, go shopping, anything and everything...we did it. My Nana is a big part of who I am today, I learned so much about life from this lady. She is the most unselfish(next to my momma of course) person I know!! Nana and I can talk about anything under the sun and just sit and laugh for hours. It makes me sad to live so far away from them, but I soak up what time I do get to spend with them. I wish I could go back and be a little girl again, when life was so simple and spend my summers just hanging out with my favorite person in the whole entire world.


My lovely Nana and I
I love you NANA!!! Happy Birthday, I hope you have the best day...because believe me you deserve it : )


XOXO,
Lyndse Lou ( as my Nana calls me)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aww I love this! Happy Birthday, Nana! :)

Anonymous said...

ahhh, that is so sweet and makes me want to cry and brings back so many memories. If you had any worries or troubles bothering you, you can just go outside on the ranch and you would forget them. Yes, you do get the napping from them. I try to take naps like you all, but just can't get the routine down i guess. LOL. You and Logan will always have great memories of spending summers at "camp nana and papa's house". That is what "family" is all about.
love you,
mom