Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jiminy freakin Cricket

Oh Em Gee....I think I may go insane.

There is a cricket in my office and it WON'T. STOP. CHIRPING.

Do crickets chirp?

I have no idea what you call their noise they make all I know is that this may be the day I actually go insane.  For reals. If not for the damn cricket noise, but because I seriously hate crickets. Like have a total freak out, melt down if a cricket was to jump on me or be around me or whatever.

Just ask my bestie how I am with crickets.

When we were living in the sorority house, I was sharing a three girl room with DonEtta and Bestie. I remember the day like it was yesterday, I was putting away my clothes just minding my own business when all of a sudden this gigantic, big black cricket jumped on me.

In a matter of two seconds I was jumping up and down, crying hysterically, having a complete and total freak out. I mean tears were literally rolling down my face...and tears were rolling down their faces as well...not because they equally felt my pain from being attacked by this monstrosity of a cricket.

Their tears...were tears from laughter. Rude, I tell you.

They weren't even trying to help get this cricket away from me. What good friends they are, right?

Good grief, just thinking about that gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I had no intentions of making this post about a cricket, but turns out I did. I actually had other important okay, maybe not important topics to discuss. Like Real housewives of Beverly Hills, the return of 90210 last night and that new show The Ringer...which I love and am already loving the suspense of it. Oh and the big brother finale tonight....see, real important topics.

But this constant cricket noise is DRIVING ME NUTS. I have even searched for this cricket, I mean, the thing freaks me out but I have to get rid of the noise. It's like that bad song that gets stuck in your head and won't ever leave....that is what this noise is doing to me.

Ok, I have to go now because I either have to go to the store and by ear plugs or something or just go home for the day. I can't take it anymore.

Tomorrow I may be writing this blog from a padded room, this cricket my very well drive me to there.

Oh and on a side note, why Disney ever made a cricket famous and pinned him off as being cute and nice and helped Pinocchio...they clearly were wrong.



 
Photobucket

2 comments:

mom said...

lol...just find the dang thing and smash it. You will feel much better when you do. :)

Anonymous said...

According to the Disney movie, Mulan, which is a very reliable source, cricket's bring luck. Yay - don't you feel lucky? :) Good luck.

-Honey