Cooking light's Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas--I love all of Cooking Light recipe's, they are my go to for healthy alternatives.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 enchilada)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pre shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 2/3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup (such as Healthy Request), undiluted
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Remove 1 cup chicken mixture; set mixture aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, brush oil over both sides of tortilla. Add tortilla to pan; cook 5 seconds on each side or until toasted and soft. Remove from pan; arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla. Roll jelly-roll style; place filled tortilla, seam side down, in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 7 tortillas, remaining oil, and remaining chicken mixture. Spread reserved 1 cup chicken mixture evenly over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese and green onions; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
These are the bomb.com...no joke.
Fat: 20.3g (sat 10.4g,mono 6.7g,poly 1.5g)
from Ellie Krieger's So Easy
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
2 ribs celery, chopped (1 cup)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 14-oz. can low-sodium diced tomatoes with juice (I used fire-roasted)
6 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
3 ounces baby spinach, sliced into ribbons (3 cups)
1 9-oz. package fresh store-bought spinach-and-cheese tortellini (2 cups)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until the onions are translucent and the garlic is softened, another 3 minutes. Add the carrot, celery, oregano, thyme and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the tomatoes with their juices and the broth and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the spinach and tortellini and cook until the tortellini are cooked through, 6-7 minutes. This soup will keep up to three days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
So yummy....you are going to love it!
Sorry there are no pictures...I haven't made these in awhile, I will try to be more like The Pioneer Woman next time : )