Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I've got friends in low places

Well hello there my people...I have so crazy busy I am not even sure what day it is.

Can we say weekend??

Yesterday was a looooong day. Up for work at 6am...then two non-work related meetings later and I am finally home by 9 and passed out hardcore by 10.

Where does the time go?

I'll blog more on my non-work related meetings later, but right now I just want to touch base on what I am sure you have already seen or heard.

There is a certain well known singer that lives just down the road and across the railroad tracks, up a long hill and around an even longer corner from me...the man Garth Brooks himself. The past two weeks or so he has been in my hometown having a trail against Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital in Yukon. The reason behind the trial is about three years ago Garth made a 500,000 dollar donation to the hospital and in turn was promised that a woman's health center was to be built in Garth Brook's late mother's honor.


Garth sued the hospital because nothing was coming of the promises made.


Well, last night Garth was awarded the 500,000 back plus another 500,000 in punitive damages.


Do I think he deserved to win?


Hell to the yes!


Garth is a great man, I know this because of the community in which I live in. He and his wife Trisha are the nicest most caring people and had you not known they were these big time country music super stars...you would think they were just like you and I. Because they are just like you and I. Active in the community, kind, generous...etc.


What I admired most about Garth during this trial was that he wasn't just fighting to get his money back, the whole reason he donated the money in the first place was in honor of his mom, who passed away from cancer in 2009...he felt as though his mother's wish was being tossed around...that he disappointed her in some way.


Before the verdict was read...Garth simply stated this was just all in memory of my mom...this is what she wanted, "This little pistol....she deserves nothing but good!"


There is no doubt in my mind that this money will go to charity, Garth already mentioned that a time or two and I am sure we will be seeing a hospital here in Oklahoma with his mom's name on it.


One of the juror's when asked why they chose the verdict they did said, "We wanted to show them(the hospital) not to do that anymore to anyone else."


Just one of the many reasons why I love Oklahoma, why I love country music and why I love Garth Brooks!







Photobucket

3 comments:

TLF said...

I read about that online yesterday.. I sure love me some Garth!

Tiffany said...

Good for Garth! And since you look like Trisha according to the dude in WalMart--good for you. ;)

~Miss Football

Anonymous said...

Amen love the post and love me some Garth! What an amazing man and son he is! GO GARTH!!

~Bestie