Monday, May 2, 2011

Party in the USA

Good Morning...and what a GREAT morning it is. I wake up this morning so proud to be an American. As you all know Osama Bin Laden is dead. I don't want to go all political and what not and talk to much about this subject. I just want to say how thankful I am for our soldiers who risk their lives for each one of us every single day. I pray for there safety and a safe return home...hopefully it will be sooner than later. I hope this event gives some closure to those who lost their loved ones on 9/11 and one last thing...I love this quote

The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done." George W. Bush

So, change of topic to a more lighter note...what I did this weekend. I partied like I was 21 again...and let me tell you, I ain't no spring chicken anymore! That is fo sho. Saturday night my mom, baby brother, baby brother's girlfriend and her mom and I all went to stillwater for Calf Fry. Calf Fry is basically a 3 day outdoor concert for Red Dirt Music and yes...they serve Calf Fry's. I, do not eat them. GROSS!!

This year was baby brother's first time to go and my like 100th or something like that. Needless to say fun was had by all. We did a little shopping during the day, where baby brother made out like a bandit. Which he does quite often...mom and I love to buy him clothes...he is one lucky guy.

I bought some awesome new running shorts to show off when I run this summer in San Francisco. Gotta show some love to the Alma Mater.


All in All it was a great weekend spent wit the people I love the most : )

Baby Brother, Mom and Me


Baby Brother and I

Hope everyone has a great day!!

P.S. here are some funny FB status from friends regarding the news of Osama

"Now we can get to the real business and get back to finding Carmen San Diego."

"William and Kate, pay attention...because this is what we call real news"

"I don't just want to buy the soldiers that got Bin Laden a beer, I want to buy them a brewery."

Photobucket

2 comments:

mom said...

Don't mess with the USA !!!!

It might take awhile, but we always will get even...Please keep praying for all of our troops that are over there still fighting for our rights.

Yes, fun times had by all--food, shopping, obstacle course :). Some of us didn't get "rug burns". LOL

Tiffany said...

Your texts on Saturday night were hilarious. I was afraid you might get arrested for taking the picture off the wall at the Penny, not going to lie! :) You look great in that color you are wearing by the way!

~Miss Football