Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with the sun

You know what's worse then being sunburn? I thought it was the day after being sunburn, but I was wrong. The worst is most definitely the day after the day after the sunburn...you feel me? Two days after the dreaded day my brain forget to tell the rest of my body to use sunscreen. First off, thank you all for your sweet comments and tips for Le burn...I think the stock in Aloe Vera has most definitely gone up, thanks to me.

I couldn't sleep At. All. Last Night. Every time I turned it felt like my skin was being ripped off my body. If that's not cruel and unusual punishment, I do not know what is. The only way my shoulders and back don't hurt, is when I am topless. TMI? Sorry. Can't really go to work topless...well, I guess some people can...it's just not my chosen profession. Next best thing, off the shoulder tops...thank God for off the shoulder tops.

This isn't my first rodeo with sunburns. We go way back...back as far as I can remember. I am very fair skinned. So, you would think I would know better. Apparently, my brain was on vacation, go figure. I remember this one time when I was probably like 8 or 9, I got really really burned all over my back, shoulders, arms, everywhere. I even used sunscreen. My Nana, took evaporated milk and poured it all over my back. I will never forget that smell, it was disgusting. It worked though. The next morning, the redness was all gone and so was the sting. The smell lingered forever though. Gross.

When I was in high school, my church youth group went snow skiing. It was my first time to ever go skiing, so I didn't know that the sun glaring off the snow can burn you just as bad as it does when you are on the water. Know where I am going with this? The only thing people warned me about was to make sure and have chap stick, because your lips will for sure get chapped. I probably applied chap stick to my lips 50 times a day, you better believe those babies never got chapped...my face however, was another story. My face got so burned that it started bubbling up, it got so bad that I couldn't even open my mouth to talk or eat. Needless, to say when I got home my mom took one look at me and took me straight to the ER...I had second degree burns on my face. Yes, second degree burns. Fortunately, I just put some stuff on there that the doctor gave me and it was back to normal in no time. It was still scary though and I looked ridiculous.

So, ya...me and the sun...sometimes we are not friends. I should be a walking campaign for sunscreen. For reals.


 

Photobucket

1 comment:

mom said...

if i only knew you would post the skiing snowburn, i would have found the pics. Seriously, i signed a waiver for medical treatment and to think they didn't think it wasn't that bad, duh...your face glowed in the dark when i picked you up--bright red/orange.

Logan has blisters on his chest and arms..looks like you two will be doing some major sunscreening ahead. Dad said he "didn't get any sun" that's because his white old body never sees the sun...lol

Put neosporin ointment on it.