Friday, April 29, 2011

They say it's your birthday

Good Morning loves!

So, who got up early to watch the Royal Wedding? Not I...I did DVR it and watched a little bit of it this morning, I had to see the dress. I will blog more on this later, but today I am going to celebrate my Bestie's Birthday. Her birthday is actually Saturday, but I won't be around a computer and I know she won't read it on Saturday, so today it is.

Can I just say that I have been blessed in my life with a wonderful family and some pretty amazing friends. I know I have blogged about all of them before, but I just feel so lucky to have more than one best friend. Said best friend in particular, is known on this little blog as Bestie. Just a little background of S and L. We met in college at OSU, where I met those other bff's as well, we were both rushing the same sorority and we were being forced to partake in some sort of ridiculous game that you have to play to "get to know one another", you know those games. Neither one of us was wanting to participate, in fact we kinda of separate ourselves away from the crowd.  Needless to say, we were already like two peas in a pod.



Fast forward 7 years later...we still are pretty much two peas in a pod. Wow, I can't believe we have been friends for 7 years. It truly seems like we have known each other our whole lives and at the same time seems like we just met yesterday. I love this girl with my whole heart. When I think about all the people who do not truly have a best friend, my heart breaks for them. I mean who did they have to drive them to their 8:00am class when it was snowing outside or pouring down rain, who drove with you with the windows down, music blaring as you both sing at the top of your lungs to "Wild Wild West" or "Delta Dawn", who took you out for your 21st birthday-a very memorable 21st birthday for that matter, who was there for not only the good times in your life but the really hard times when most people just leave.





Bestie and I have had our share of some quite memorable experiences, I can't go into too much detail, for fear that my mom reads this blog. Hey momma! Actually, who am I kidding, my mom knows how we are and how we love our Margarita nights.



In all seriousness y'all this girl is my sister, we may not be blood related but we are sisters in every sense of the word. Without this girl, my life would be quite boring to say the least.




So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE

(I won't say how old you are, but let's just say next year when you are celebrating the big 30...we are hitting up Vegas)

Love you so much girl...here's to 50 more years of friendship and celebrations!!

Hope everyone has a blessed Friday!

Photobucket

4 comments:

mom said...

if i don't read it, i get in trouble. :)

Happy birthday to my other daughter!!

Anonymous said...

Aww this was SO SWEAT!! You are an amazing girl and without you my heart would ache (hope I spelled that right)! You are the BEST friend I could have ever imagined as a child! I love you and your family! FYI, why do you ALWAYS have to bring my age into any conversations about birthdays?!?!? Just wait one day you will be a year away from 30 to and I will remind you lol :)

~Bestie

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE all of the pictures of you girls. You are both absolutely adorable and I smile when I think about you. Happy early birthday to Bestie!

-Honey

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, I love you girls SO much!

The picture of y'all on NYE is classic. Best. NYE. Ever.

I also love the song examples---Wild Wild West and Delta Dawn. Fantastic.

Happy Birthday Bestie!

~Miss Football