Thursday, June 28, 2012

Motivation

I've been struggling with some motivation.

Motivation to change my habits...to stick with a workout routine and to be overall healthy.

I have my moments, my weeks or months where I am full in 100% giving it all I have, and then life happens and I commit to things and by the time I'm done doing 101 things, I am too tired to do anything.
(I know, I know...excuses...but we ALL have them)
Whether it be to eat a healthy dinner or to go for a run.
I usually just succumb to ice cream and Bravo.

Motivation to get healthy...and I choose to use the word healthy...because to me healthy is not just about being skinny...it's a lifestyle.

me too! :) great, great stuff

Here lately it seems I just couldn't find the motivation...yes, swimsuit pictures from my vacation should be a damn good reason enough to get my fat ass off the couch...but it still didn't stop me from eating those cookies.

Motivation can come from anywhere or anyone...in my case...my motivation is coming from someone.

I have a dear sweet friend, April, who is my inspiration to get healthy. I am so proud at the accomplishments that she has been making. Just in the past month since she has changed her eating habits and has worked out with a personal trainer every day...she has lost over15lbs.

15 freaking lbs.

But it's not just about the lbs...yes, obviously those are important...and what girl doesn't want to lose that much.

What's important is that she is doing it, that she has found her strength, her courage, and her  reason for living a healthy life.


.

Two years ago this coming Christmas...my friend went through something no parent should ever have to go through.  Her daughter passed away from a courageous fight against MS. The MS came on strong and just took over her sweet girls body.

As you know, time heals all wounds...and with time, my friend finds comfort and healing...and part of her healing is getting healthy. 
She is doing it for her daughter and more importantly she is doing it for herself.

No one said it would be easy...getting up at 4 or 5 every morning, saying no to all those things you love...but she loves her life more...and she wants to honor her daughters life. 

Every morning when she goes to the gym...she wears a bracelet in memory of her daughter...to remind her that this may suck right now...but it does get better and that she will be better for it.

Her daughter is her inspiration.


She, my friend,is my motivation.

Myself...me, being healthy...that is my goal.


What's your motivation?



Photobucket

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love this. Love, love, love.

~Miss Football

April said...

Thank you Lindsay for such sweet words and always encouraging me! It is people like you that give me the strength to go on some days!!

Sami said...

I have no motivation but you are damn well making me wish I had some! Great post lady!

- said...

Tulsa blogger too. Found you from Coast to Coast.

= said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

Great motivation post. Best of luck to you and to your friend as you treat your body the way it deserves to be treated and focus on health first.

-Honey

Kristin said...

Loved loved loved this blog! Gave me some motivation to not take the body we've given for granted and treat it right!