Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reality TV and a PSA brought to you by yours truly

This is going to be a plethora of random things today....probably due to the fact I started off my morning with a pumpkin spice latte...not from Starbucks however, but from the courtesy of my own kitchen and a little thing called a Keurig with a dunkin donut's pumpkin spice coffee package. So, I might be all over the place more than usual. Let's get started shall we.

First things first, reality TV. Y'all know I love my reality TV. Especially Bravo and especially my Real Housewives. Let's talk Jersey. OM double G, what the hell happened to you, Teresa?? I used to like you, I mean when you flipped that table and called Daniel a prostitution whore...that was my favorite line ever, favorite scene ever. Now, you go on and talk smack about Caroline and her family in your cookbook, how is that even relevant to cooking? That line about Caroline only being 1/16 Italian or how she is about Italian as the Olive Garden...well, I happen to like the Olive Garden. So there.

Beverly Hills Housewives. Brandy Gainville, really? How is she a housewife...if Lea Ann and Brandy's ex-husband would have never gotten together we would have no idea who she is. Pah-lease. I am over her already. Let's talk about the wedding planner. I love him. I would love for him to plan my wedding. Just a few small problems. I am not engaged/nor have a boyfriend(minor details really) and I don't have a million dollars because apparently that's how much weddings cost according to him. Doesn't he remind y'all of the wedding planner on Father of the Bride? Franc.

I love that movie.

Moving on from Housewives, how about Most Eligible Dallas. I love this show. I love Courtney, she is hilarious. I am pretty sure we should be in real life friends. Her one liners crack me up. I so wanted her and Matt to start dating but according to WWHL last night they are not. It's sad really...they are adorable together.

 I may not know what's going on with the presidential candidates and what not, but I do know my housewives.

Another reality show that I absolutely adore is Giulania and Bill. First of all, I love them. I can tell they are so genuine and fun, and they truly love each other. They are so sweet together. As I am sure most of y'all know by now that Giulania and Bill have been struggling with infertility. Watching their struggle has brought tears to my eyes but nothing as much as finding out that she has breast cancer. I watched her interview on the Today show yesterday morning and I was actually hoping she was going to announce that they were pregnant. Instead it was the complete opposite.

I can not stop thinking about how she found out she had cancer. It really was a blessing in disguise in a way. If you haven't heard her interview, she was going to a new fertility doctor and as a precaution he makes all his new patients get a mammogram. She fought it at first, because at the time she was only 36 and that is still to young to even need a mammogram, but she had it done and low and behold they found something. Fortunately for her it sounds like that caught it in time and she is going to be ok. She is a fighter and I know she has an amazing support system behind her.

I just wanted to touch on a few things. 1 in every 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. I think many people think that if Breast cancer doesn't run in their family or if they don't have the gene that they are fine. Your not. Cancer doesn't discriminate and in fact about 70-80% of breast cancer occurs in women with no family history of breast cancer what so ever. If y'all have read my blog for sometime you know how strongly I feel about cancer awareness...I have been actively involved in Relay for Life for a few years now. I'll explain more of that in another post.

From one women to another, please do self-breast exams. You know your body more than anyone else does, if you see something out of the ordinary of have a gut feeling...go to the doctor. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

For Giuilana, God knows what he was doing, he works in mysterious ways. We all know she struggled conceiving a child and had she gotten pregnant years ago, she might have never learned of her cancer and caught it in the early stage...but look at her now. She caught it and she has more than a fighting chance to beat it.

Sometimes in life we all want things to happen when we want them too...but we have to trust in God, and that he knows what he is doing.

Sorry for the PSA...I blame the coffee this morning and the fact that I care about my fellow bloggers...I want y'all all to know what to look for and to be aware. We got a lot of life to live, ladies!

 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the randomness. :) Thanks for caring and passing on the message.

-Honey