Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Post

With all the candy I have consumed in the last couple of months here at work and at home, I am very glad Halloween is here and almost over. With that being said, I get emails everyday from Self and thought I would share this one with y'all....turns out there actually is some nutritional value to all this candy I have been consuming.

Who would have thought??

As a person with a nutrition degree, I already knew that dark chocolate had it's benefits...but I didn't know that those who consumed a piece of dark chocolate a day were 40% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke. I'd say that is for sure a reason to indulge in a little chocolate here and there...wouldn't you?
My favorite candy...gummies and fruity candies. Those who ate this kind of candy have a lower body mass index and a smaller waist. Umm...bring on the sugary goodness please...of course this is all in moderation.

 
Apparently, chewing gum approves alertness. Guess instead of my morning pumpkin spice lattes I just need to pop in some gum.
 
 
Popcorn balls...the old standby treat is full of fiber and antioxidants. Here is a recipe to try from Self
 
 
Nuke 1/2 cup honey for 10 seconds; add 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips. Pour over 6 cups popcorn mixed with 1 cup salted peanuts. Stir; form into balls; chill on wax paper until firm.
 
Finally an answer to all my prayers...a real reason that having a sweet tooth is a good thing...People who ate four low-calorie desserts a week lost 9 pounds more than those who had one weekly splurge. See, I knew that apple pie would be just fine : )
 
If these aren't good enough reasons to indulge just a little bit on Halloween candy, then I don't know what are.
 
Happy Halloween!
 
Oh and P.S. here is a picture of our Halloween costumes...I think we make a great Paper, Rock, Scissors. Notice all the glitter. Lots and lots of glitter. 
 
 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Love the costumes!!! :) Glitter!!