Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday


Top 2 things you have learned about friendship brought to you by Taylor

1. I have learned that I would be completely lost with out my friends. My besties are my saving grace. I've blogged about them before here. There's a quote or a saying that says something about how you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends...who in turn become more like family anyway. I don't know if I said it right...but you get my drift. These girls know more about me than I know about myself...which is why it is wise not to make any of them angry because I believe there could be some serious blackmail going on...haha. No matter what we are doing, how far we are apart, whenever we pick up the phone or see each other...we never miss a beat...always picking up right where we left off.
Nichole and I

Bestie, Sara and I
Miss Football, me and Bestie
Miss Football on her b-day
Honey and I in Vegas...circa 2006
2. I have learned that when the going gets tough...some friends get going and true friends never leave your side. Lets face it, being a 20-something gal can be kinda hard sometimes. We, or at least I, have had my share of ups and downs and trying to figure out what to do with my life, and who has been there every step of the way...other than my mom of course. Love you mom. My true friends. When I lost my best friend three years ago, there were a ton of people at her funeral, but I could count on one hand how many supposedly "sisters" showed up. Wouldn't you think your sorority sisters would be there through the good times and the bad...bad being a funeral? Apparently not. I am not going to do dwell on that, but I am just saying. Tracey Lawrence sings a song called "Find our who your friends are"...in life we are all tested with one obstacle or another and it takes moments like those...as Mr. Lawrence says,  to "Find our who your friends are." With that being said. I found out who mine are, and let me tell you...they are truly my sisters.
DonEtta and I on my 23rd bday...I don't just wear sombrero's for the heck of it
XOXO,
Lyndse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky to count you as one of my BFF's. xoxoxo

-Honey

Anonymous said...

love you too!!

Mom

ahh, love the pics of all my girls!

Anonymous said...

I'm the luckiest girl of all to have a Bestie like you! Love!
~Bestie

Tiffany said...

You hit it on the head.....you do find out who your friends are....so glad you girls are mine! :) Oh, and the picture from New Years is hilarious!