Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Weekend


Hey y'all!!

I finally have a fun weekend that I need to blog about...so what if it's Wednesday and I have needed a couple of days to catch up...I think this means that I am old.

I have been sick for the last couple of days and fortunately I have a job that allows me to work from home...except today I am working from the hospital room of my Papa. He is in here for some chest/stomach pains and they are running some tests, so if y'all would please say a prayer for him...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks loves.

Let's talk about this weekend.
I went back home to the 918..aka Tulsa area.
It was a whirlwind of a weekend. I had a million things planned, people to see and I needed to pack up my house...or start packing up my house.
I may or may not have gotten anything packed.
Oh well....when fun is to be had, you have to let something go..and packing it was.

Saturday I was up bright and early, put on my orange and headed to the greatest place on earth.
Stillwater.
Home of the limey, the cowboys, pistol pete and all my fond memories from college.
Bestie and I got to Stilly and started out morning out right with a bloody mary.
Sadly no picture.
Afterwards we grabbed some drinks to go and headed to tailgate and do some Arby's work.



Bestie does Marketing for Arby's and we do this tailgate for them...well, I may or may not have traded some Free Arby's Curly Fries cards for a couple of jello shots.
People love their Curly Fries...and I love me some jello shots on game day.


Now for the best part of the day, besides our win against TCU...I had my first blogger meet-up with none other than my fellow OSU alum and the sweetest, cutest, funniest, blonde-haired blogger, Sami from Sami's Shenanigans.
(I stole this picture from her, she is way better at taking pictures than I am)
She is exactly like she is on her blog, which is super sweet and hilarious, LOVE her. I could tell right off, that we would be great friends!! I wish we could have chatted longer, but it was so GREAT to see her.
Sami...we are so going to have to plan another blogger meet up!
Love ya girl!

I realized fast that I am no longer young and can't hang like I used to after tailgating all day, cheering on the cowboys, and going to a Halloween party afterwards...which I left early...and was in bed by ten.
It sucks getting old.

On Sunday, I went to this handsome man's first birthday party...Little Man style.
He is adorable, his sister is adorable...actually the whole family is adorable. I just adore them so much.
We had a great time and it was so nice to spend time celebrating a birthday...perfect way to end the weekend.



Anyway...that's the weekend and might be the only fun weekend for a little while. My work schedule is getting to be a little crazy for November.

Please keep both my grandparents in your prayers.
Thanks guys :)

 


Photobucket

7 comments:

Ashleigh Nichole said...

He is in my thoughts today. I hope that everything turns out ok. & It looks like you had an amazing weekend. Tailgating is always fun & enjoyable & it looks like you had a blast during the birthday party as well!

Sami said...

Loveeeee love love! I'm sorry you got sick, I did too!! Unfortunately I've been toughing it out at work..boo! You are the cutest and the sweetest and I loved our meet-up. We will have to do it again VERY SOON! I see a cruise in our future lady :) Prayers for your Papa xxoxo

Kiki said...

Im glad that you had a fabulous weekend and had your first blog meet-up. How fun!
have a wonderful day

Xo

glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Glad you had fun this weekend! Your Papa is in my prayers!

~Miss Football

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love the pictures of you and Bestie. You girls are gorgeous.

Your grandparents are in my prayers.

-Honey

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love the pictures of you and Bestie. You girls are gorgeous.

Your grandparents are in my prayers.

-Honey

Jodie said...

Sorry, I'm so late on this. I hope your Papa is doing well!!! So jealous you got to meet Sami!! Maybe next time I'll be around!!