Monday, October 1, 2012

Awkward moments


There are a few awkward moments that happen when you move to a new city and start a new job.

Here are just a few of those moments.

When driving home from work one day and you are on the turnpike...not sure where your exit is. You go through the toll booth a second time and ask the lady, "Why do I have to pay the toll twice in like ten miles? We don't do this in Northeast Oklahoma." Toll booth lady,"Well...where are you going?" I tell her. Toll booth lady," Well...honey, you are on your way to Texas. The reason you are paying two tolls is because you missed your exit and there is no way for you to get off this turnpike!"

That was awkward.

When introducing yourself to the communities and meeting new people...the same question over and over that you get asked is not "where are you from?" it's "Are you married?"
Nope, not married...but if you have a son, grandson, brother, cousin, best friend...or know of a real cute guy who loves OSU football, is a good guy...not bad looking either...then here is my business card.

Hook a sister up.

When shopping in the one and only store that has adorable clothes and jewelry and is not 2 hours away(the closest target is like 2 hours away) you feel kinda awkward going in every other day...but the most awkward moment is asking the owner of the store if they want to hang out sometime....because you know no one in that town and you need to make some friends and have a social life.

Nope. Not awkward at all trying to get  someone to be your friend.

I feel like I should be saying, "Hi...I just moved here... and this is crazy, but I have no friends or social life...here's my number...so be my friend, maybe?"

However...the last 30 days or so living in the new city, starting the new job, turning a year older...have been GREAT. Crazy busy, I'm all over the place...but I wouldn't trade it.

Oh and just a few quotes from Nana and Papa.

While watching the Voice and the country music festival the other night, my Nana would change the channels back and forth.
Jake Own was signing on the Country Music festival

Papa: (Pointing to the TV) That guy, he's good...Blake will pick him.
Me: Laughing, Papa...that guy is already a country singer....this isn't The Voice.
Papa: Why did you change that on me, you know I don't pay attention.

While watching Dancing with the Stars...I came home and asked Nana what singers were on there.
Nana: That rapper called Mad Dog was on there earlier.
Me: Thinking for a moment...you mean "Pit Bull?"
Nana: Yes...that's what I said.

It's never a dull moment with those two and I love it!










Photobucket

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that your Papa would pick Jake Owen on the Voice. He's got good taste. :)

~Miss Football

Alana Christine said...

bahahahahahaha. Love your grandparents! If you're ever near Chickasha, you need to hit me up! Just fyi...it's the opposite direction on the turnpike! haha

Megan G. said...

Turn that friends thing into a business card and hand it out to people who you want to be friends with! I love all those awkward moments after you move to a different town, it's something fun to laugh at later. :)

Your grandparents crack me up! I love how your Papa didn't notice you changed the channel hahaha!

Nikki said...

hahahaha I love the convos with your papa and nana!

Anne said...

I'd hang out with ya! Move to KC next.

Proud of you taking this big step!!! You go girl.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is your adaptation of the "Call Me Maybe" lyrics and your nana calling Pit Bull "Mad Dog". Good stuff there, my friend.

-Honey