Tuesday, October 23, 2012

That time I almost bought some cows


I know, I know...no need to adjust your eyes...I am indeed blogging two days in a row!!
Woah...watch out...I just might be back on the bloggy track.
For now anyway.

I was born and raised in the country, actually I think the only time I ever really lived in "town" has been went I went off to college and lived in Stillwater.
GO POKES
and after I graduated college, I have been living in town for like the last six years.
That is up until about two months ago when I re-located for my new job and have been staying with the Nana and Papa on their ol' farm.

Let me tell you...you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.
I've always loved living in the country...it's spacious, you actually have room to do things. My dogs get to run all over the place...and they LOVE it.

I love me some peace and quite.
No trains
No sirens
No crazy-ass stupid neighbors in a blue house with fifty cars and five hundred kids driving you batty.
Actually Nana and Papa do have one crazy-ass neighbor, who I have not quite figured out yet...but he is on my list.

I do however, feel as though Nana and Papa have all this land and nothing to occupy it.
Therefore, I almost bought some cows.

You heard me...I almost bought some cows.

Yes, I grew up in the country but I might be the most clueless country girl you have ever met when it comes to cattle.

Horses..I know a thing or two...but cattle...not so much.

There is this thing called RFDTV and my Papa is pretty much obsessed with it, that and the Newlywed Game on the Game show network.

Anyway back to the time I almost bought some cattle.
On RFDTV they do this auction where they are auctioning off cattle...I don't know about y'all but I love a good auction.

I'm pretty competitive and auctions are no different...I like to beat out everyone...sometimes I get so caught up in lifting that little paddle for the highest bid that I forget that you actually have to pay for this stuff.
And this auction is the best becuase you can bid on things from the comfort of your own home...in your pj's.

Let's just say that I was thisclose to purchasing some cute little blonde calf's.
Basically I just wanted one...but they were selling 48 for 1500.00.
Well, that's a little out of my range.

One. I don't know what I'm going to do with ONE calf much less 48.
Two. I think I can find a better way to spend 1500 dollars.

See how cute these little blonde calf's are...they are Charolais (this isn't the actual cattle...I googled these)

Alas...the dream of outbidding some farmer and having my own cattle will have to wait another day.

Until then, I will just stick to what I know.

Reality shows, wine and shopping.






Photobucket

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love that you refer to them as "little blonde calves." Ha!

~Miss Football

Alana Christine said...

You can buy cows on tv?! What?

Anonymous said...

Oh this is classic. I kind of wish that you would have bought them. All 48 of them. And then I would want to be there when you tell your grandparents that 48 blond calves will be taking over their pastures.

-Honey

Anne said...

This is highLarious! Hey, at least you'd have a lifetime supply of milk!