Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Girl

Last week I participated in a health fair at one of the largest companies here in my new little town.

When I say largest company...I'm talking this one company has like five different locations spread out all over this town.

A town...that I am still trying to figure my way around btw.
I did manage to find all locations and didn't get lost...not once. I'm getting real good at all this East and West non sense. No one ever uses directions like, "Well...you go two blocks this way and then you make a right and then another right and then left...and it's on the right side."
I can follow that.
For some reason, when you replace left with west and east with right...I get confused.
I've never been good with directions.

However...I am getting SO much better...I even have started to tell people..."Well...you head north for about five miles then you turn east and it sits right there on the west side."
I'm so proud of myself.

Moving on to the real point of this post...if there ever is any point with me. I do tend to ramble about random things.

So, I was on my third day at this health fair and this lady that does marketing for the hospital here in town starting talking to me and introduced herself to me and she said, "I had heard people talking about the new girl in town who just starting working for (insert really big cancer organization here) and it's so good to meet you."

Hold up...new girl in town??

She then went on to say that she was at her husbands work party the other day and there were people asking if they have met the "new girl" in town.

New girl = me.

I'm just as baffled as you are.

I thought I grew up in a rather small town...but apparently I didn't. I have been here for a little over a month and apparently I'm the new girl in town...don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

I feel like Zoe Hart off of Hart of Dixie...which by the way is my favorite show.

Now if only I could have a love triangle with my very own Wade and George...we would be set.

Shoot...I'd settle for just a love duo.

I must say though...I kinda like being known as the "New Girl" in town.




Photobucket

7 comments:

mom said...

The new girl in town could work to your advantage...but you might have a little issue with the town 10 miles north. Then again you can always call Uncle Karl because people are scared of him there. :)

Sami said...

That is too funny and kind of cute! I hope there ar some cute single boys that are looking forward to meeting the "new girl" too! I know I'm excited to meet you in 3 weeks at the TCU GAME!! :)

Wine and Summer said...

That is so cute! I wish I was the "new girl." No one even knew I moved in :)

Tiffany said...

I think (at least I was told) that Chi's have a lifetime warranty and you can mail them back in if they break!

~Miss Football

Megan G. said...

That is so cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you being the New Girl! Totally hot, Wade & George will be beating your door down. I just pray there are no Lemons...that could be a problem. Miss you!! -Bri

Carly Ann said...

I love Hart of Dixie too!!! Definitely couldn't complain about having a Wade or a George, haha