Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The weekend

I'm a day late and a dollar short(isn't that the truth) on talking about my weekend festivities, but better late than never, no?

I'm not sure how many times I've said to myself in person, yes...I tend to tell myself things...like, "Self...why is your ass so fat? "Self, why you eat so many cookies when you know your ass so fat?" and "Self, why you not take any pictures when you do fun stuff...so people know you actually don't just sit in your house like an old person all the time."

Ya, self...take more pictures...and work on that ass fatness thing.

Friday night...I sang Karaoke again...this is sort of starting to become a ritual...my Karaoke singing in a hole in the wall bar...which is the best place to sing, because more than likely these people don't care how well you sing.
Even if you do rock a mean Aretha Franklin...R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
After Karaoke, we decided we were indeed in college again and decided to eat at IHOP, well...my head may have been saying that I was young and fun, but when you fall asleep on your table and don't eat your pancakes...the rest of your body is saying your old...and you should have stayed home and gone to bed at ten.
Not get home at four in the morning.

Saturday night was girls night with some of my favorite people...we started with a drink called "Beeritas"...I have never had that drink, but I have seen it on Pinterest.
Here is the recipe

beeritas

We used Sprite and two Corona's...Oh Em Gee...they are good!

Clearly they are good by my "deer in the headlight look"

We then ventured for more margaritas...because a girl can never have too many to a restaurant called El Guapo...


Then we had beers and shenanigans at a little place called McNellies...


We ended the night at a bar called "Enzo"...which can I just say looks like a cute little hipster place in the front, but then you go to the back where the bathrooms are and there is a rave going on...not kidding, I'm not generally a rave person...but I am a dancer person...and I do love some glow sticks...so count me in.

All in all, it was a great night with some great friends.

Now, on a serious note, just an update to one of the little ones I had mentioned yesterday in a prayer request. Baby Aiden became an angel yesterday, he had such a short life here on Earth, but I can tell you he made a difference and will keep making a difference. The love and encouragement that his family has been receiving from all over is so powerful.
You can read more about his story and the community involvement here.

Please keep praying for those other little ones.

Have a great day,xoxo!!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

One of my besties makes an extremely similar margarita recipe, only we call them "Fat Mama Knock Ya Naked Margaritas" and they're delish...and do throw you on your bootay. Glad you had fun this weekend and I'll be including those babies in my prayers!

Jodie said...

Looks like a fun weekend, girl! I love to Karaoke! But it seems wherever I go they are amazing singers so then I don't do it because I sound like I'm dying! ha!